5.06.2008

Every Day In May - Day Six

Okay, here's a better picture of me all dolled up from the wedding. Not only do I like the way I look, but I'm posing with a true piece of love, which would be a bacon wrapped scallop. Mmmmmmm...... This picture is also posted over on the photo blog I keep. That blog is full of pictures taken with my piece of crap camera phone. It actually takes somewhat not-shitty pictures.

I just finished recording the latest WMBYS. We recorded for almost three hours, which might be the longest we've ever gone. Kevin from QCastCT was our guest and he was an absolute joy. I'd never spoken to him before, but I wasn't the slightest bit nervous either, which is rare for me. I was actually giddy all day long thinking about tonight's show. We went off on so many tangents. I feel so bad for Nessa, who now has to edit down all those hours into a digestible show.

Work today was a suckfest because they had me training the new boy. I HATE training. HATE HATE HATE it. I don't think it's anything I'm very good at. I'm told I am, but I just don't think so. I'll have him for a few days at least until he's ready to learn something else from someone else. That, and I was given more responsibilities, which I don't mind. I'd rather there be too much work than not enough, and with the new boy starting, there's less work to go 'round. That's why I've worked hard at getting tasks and projects assigned to me that no one else is trained on. I try to make myself indispensable and it's actually worked. God forbid I take a day off. I come back and get a load of crap from people who depend on me. Crap in a good way, mind you. Because they're left to fend for themselves.

3 comments:

Sasha said...

There is nothing more appealing than seeing a well-dressed man staring down a bacon-wrapped scallop.

Melanie said...

Okay, I've never had a bacon-wrapped scallop -- what are they like?

Walt said...

What are they like? Imagine what heaven might taste like and double that. or even triple it.