5.15.2008

Every Day In May - Day Fifteen

Okay, we're half way through the month and I haven't missed a day. So far, so good.

Today was another poopy day. I had absolutely no patience for anyone or anything. And if you are one of the stupid people I work with, I had even less patience for you than normal. In fact, one of the fucking idiots I work with was really and truly asking to be punched in the throat. But I held back.

I'm feeling much better now, though. Ken and I went out to Cheesecake Factory for dinner and that filled me up. I got home a short while ago and have been Twittering with some friends and having a genuinely fun time. I know it's small, but it was really something I needed today. I think this is the first time I've smiled all day long. Sad, isn't it?

One of my co-workers had today off. She had to bring her dog in for oral surgery today. The dog has had some dental problems and an infection. She was going to have about four teeth removed and hopefully that was going to be enough to fix her. Only things didn't go quite as planned. The poor doggie had fifteen teeth removed. I feel horrible for her. Fifteen teeth. And the dog is on morphine right now and has to spend the night at the vet. The baby must be terrified. Stories like this just break my heart. I'm sure she'll pull through this, but now she's going to be a special needs dog missing all those teeth.

I'm thrilled it's finally going to be Friday. This week kicked my ass and I'm ready for it to be over. Plus, my birthday is this weekend and I'm going to use it as an excuse to do absolutely nothing.

No comments: