9.25.2007

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

I feel like I've started making headway in catching up on things that fell by the wayside during vacation. I was off today so I semi-cleaned the house (I cleaned downstairs... didn't touch upstairs... saving it for another day), finished the stack of Entertainment Weeklys that were piling up, finished up all the laundry... You know, that sort of stuff. I've also been making headway in my podcast list. I'm down to about 18 hours of unlistened to shows, and the older the shows get, the more likely I am to just delete them. With new shows arriving every day, I've got to do something. I usually listen at work in the morning, then I switch over to music in the afternoon, but I haven't been listening to music in an attempt to be current. This is all fine and dandy, but I have a shitload of new music I just uploaded to my mp3 player. The new Melissa Etheridge, the new Debbie Harry, the new Nellie McKay, the new songs from Trisha Yearwood's new Greatest Hits album, the new Joni Mitchell, the new Scouting For Girls, the new Dwight Yoakam, the new Jann Arden.... So I'm falling behind on my new releases (but I moaned about that in an earlier posting.)

I wasted a big chunk of today, I feel. I brought Ken to the airport at 5 this morning. He's gone until Friday. I had a doctor's appointment and some errands to run (record store.....). I spent more time than I should have playing on the computer today. I could have done so much more. Listened to music or podcasts (instead, I did neither). Cleaned more. The computer can be the most addictive thing in my house and I don't know why. I'm glad I went out of a walk today. It was beautiful out and it won't be for much longer. I should have been outside more. Bah. Back to work tomorrow.

1 comment:

Just another southern gay guy said...

Tell me how the new Melissa Etheridge is.