6.30.2007

I Complain An Awful Lot

But that's just me. I don't think I'm completely happy unless I have something to complain about, even though I wish I didn't have anything.

Today's Complaint: Neighborhood strays. Friday morning I noticed some activity in the backyard garden. It was a family of cats. A mother and her three kittens. They were all adorable from where I was standing. And they were laying and/or frolicking in the garden. I didn't think anything of it. I told Ken about it on the way in to work and he decided that he wanted to capture them and adopt them. I told him ABSOLUTELY not. But he was determined. I think that's what he thought about all day. He came home for lunch, mainly because he wanted to see if they were still there. They weren't, but he did discover that they had more than enough fun in the garden. They destroyed a bunch of plants. This morning I went to work and when I got home, I found that he put out a bowl of food for them. I wasn't happy about it. He feels bad for them. I don't. A little while later I saw the mother (whom Ken has named Puddin') and one of the babies (he's named them Alan Tithmarsh, Charlie Dimmock and Other) in the garden again. I went out with the hose to scare them off. Ken freaked out. He thought it was cruel. I told him it was water and I didn't even hit them with it. I scared them away. I have the feeling a couple of days of getting sprayed will be enough to keep them away. Scattered throughout this post are garden damage pictures.

Not A Complaint (kinda): We went out this afternoon to Target. When we left, Ken really wanted to eat, so we drove around for a little bit. We drove past Fudruckers. They just built one here and he's been dying to go. We weren't sure if it was open yet, but the parking lot looked filled. So we went. When we got to the door, we found out they don't open until Monday. Today was a training exercise/test run. Family and friends were invited to dine so that the staff could get a feel for it before opening day. Ken, being Ken, talked our way in. So not only did we get in pre-opening, the meal was free. How great is that? I'm glad it happened this way because knowing how it is around here, we weren't going to be able to get in for months. It took almost six months for us to get into Cheesecake Factory when it opened here. I do have to say that Ken built this place up to be the greatest burger place in the world. I have to say I was let down. I don't know if it was because he's been talking it up, or if they don't have the kinks worked out yet or what, but I've had better. I much prefer Red Robin. I'm such a chain restaurant whore.

I hate that I've become a human barometer. I don't know if I've talked about this before, but with all my foot and wrist issues, I've become a walking weather man. When storms come through, I can feel the neuromas in my feet act up. Same thing with the carpal tunnel thing going on in my wrists. This week the humidity was unreal and my wrists felt the worst they've felt in a long time. The weather broke on Friday and I've been fine again. Go figure. My feet are going to hurt tomorrow, though. I went out for a 3.5 mile walk this afternoon. No big whoop. After dinner, I took another 3 mile walk. That's what did me in. I can feel the neuromas tingling right now. I bet they'll tell me I overdid it tomorrow. But I wanted to walk off dinner. I usually eat better than that nowadays. It really bothers me that I can't walk as often as I have been. I have another podiatrist appointment in August. We'll discuss my options then. I think I want to have the series of alcohol injections in my feet to kill the little fuckers inside. He wants me to get inserts for my shoes, which is fine, but I need to kill the neuromas first or it's not worth it.

2 comments:

Just another southern gay guy said...

I am completely with you on the cats. My two-doors-down neighbor had to go get stray cats from the back of a neighbor's building, she's named all the feral things, and our parking lot is filled with that cat and all it's wretched off spring, along with dead birds and whatever else they drag up. Then she wants to cry when one of them is smooshed dead in the driveway. Ugh.

Tony Z™ said...

My parking lot is full of cats, too. There used to be just a couple, but I'd say now there's 9 or 10. A couple belong to people who live here, and occassionaly are actually inside. But they're everywhere. I don't mind them too much (no dead birds, yet). But I won't feed them. Don't want them hanging around my door.

How can you not love Fuddruckers!? What the hell is wrong with you? You're not human!!! That's all I can say.

The human barometer thing? It comes with old age. Hasn't happened to me yet, though. I wonder what that says...?