6.17.2007

Young Love and Other Topics

I don't know if I've mentioned it here before, but I am obsessed with a line of comics DC published back in the 70s. It wasn't just a single comic title, but it kind of was, at least for a while. DC published a series called DC 100 Page Super-Spectacular. It was a reprint book that had a different theme each issue. One book could be a romance book, one could feature Superman, one could feature The World's Greatest Super-Heroes. After a short while, the actual title was discontinued, but the 100 page books would appear as regular issues of most of DC's line. I made it my mission a couple years ago to collect ever single 100 Page Super-Spectacular I could get. I'm still working on it right now, but I only have 6 more books to get. They're all romance titles (Young Love and Young Romance) and they are particularly hard to find at a decent price. I was able to find this issue of Young Love pretty cheap on ebay and it came this week. Damn, I love these books. I'm going to scatter this post with some of the other issues in this series.

I filled my car up with gas yesterday. I'm sick about it, too. It's the first time I've put more than $40 in my tank at one time. I remember two years ago I swore I would never put more than $30 in one filling. What kills me is I put more gas in my tank a few months ago and it didn't cost that much. I've been tracking it.

We rolled all the spare change around the house and deposited it into the vacation fund account this weekend. We had about $230 in change. We would have had more, but I've been stealing all the quarters for the last year and a half for the bus. I can only imagine how much there would have been otherwise.

I've fallen behind on Doctor Who. I have three unwatched episodes waiting for me. This week's episode I'm particularly excited for because it sort of picks up at the season finale of Torchwood. That ended with the sound of the Tardis and Captain Jack disappearing. I can't believe there are only two more episodes before the end of the season. I'm not ready for it to end. The Sci-Fi channel will start the US airings of series 3 at the beginning of July. I might have to watch the whole season all over again.

1 comment:

Tony Z™ said...

Hm. I can't believe I've never even *seen* the cover to 100-Page #DC-8 (Batman and the Legion) before. Wow.