3.18.2007

Sunday Doldrums

I hate this part of Sunday. It's getting closer to bedtime which means it's getting closer to work on Monday. I usually like going to work, but I'm not feeling it right now. I think because I didn't really get enough rest this weekend. I want one more day off to rest. I should really kick back on the overtime this week and get to bed early to make up for my exhaustion. What's nice about work this week is I'm taking Friday off. Out of town guests are visiting and I need a day to clean the house. I'm usually the one who cleans, but I'm good at doing a half-assed clean. With guests here, I really need to make sure the house is better than disgusting. I should really make a point of getting an oil change since I'm taking the day off. It's been about six months since my last one. Oops.

Last August I had my first physical in longer than I should admit to. My doctor told me I had borderline high blood pressure and that I was too fat. I weighed in at 300.5 lbs. I swore I would never reach 300 lbs. It scared and saddened me. I couldn't believe that I let myself go like that. The doctor told me I needed to lose 100 lbs. Just the thought of that seemed impossible. But I've been working on it. From August to December I managed to lose 30 lbs. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I had to put myself in the right frame of mind. The doctor told me to watch my calories and carbs. I've been doing that. I set a goal for 2007 that should be easy to reach. Another 30 lbs. So far, I've managed to lose 10 lbs this year. I would say 15, because I weighed in at 255 this morning, but I don't believe it. Maybe if I'm still at 255 next week, I'll believe it. I have to say, it's probably been ten years since I was this weight. All I know is that I weighed 230 when Ken and I got together nearly 13 years ago. The thought of being 230 again is too much for me to think about. Something else that's too much for me to think about is that Ken and I, for the first time EVER, weigh the exact same. He's a few inches shorter than I am, so this means that I'm skinnier than he is. Me. I'm thrilled. But now he's depressed. He's determined to get back on track and drop more weight. His doctor wants him to be 180. I need to be supportive. Let's see if I can do it.

No comments: