3.11.2007

So Tired

I hate when we have to change the clocks ahead. Never more so since I started my current job. I used to work retail and Mondays I never had to be in until noon. So losing that hour of sleep was never that big a deal. Now I've got a "real" job and have to be in on Monday morning. I'm gonna hurt. I'm trying to give my body a quick adjust to the change. Saturday morning I got up at 5:30am to go in for some overtime. Generally, if I go in on Saturdays, I work from 6:30 to 12:30, go home and nap the rest of the afternoon. As much as I wanted to, I didn't nap. I stayed up until about 1am (later than I planned). Then I got up this morning around 8:15am. It hurt to get up, but I did it. I figure that if I can get to bed at a reasonable time tonight, I should be golden. In theory. But you know it's gonna backfire and blow up in my face. We'll see.

Speaking of overtime, Saturday's was a nightmare. I get to work and my computer decides it doesn't like my new password and won't let me in. At all. It also doesn't like my old password. I was really pissed off. I got up at 5:30 for nothing? Luckily there was plenty of stuff for me to do. Most everyone had non-computer related things to give me to do and that brought me all the way up to 12:30. I figured that I might have enough to do until about 7:30 and then I'd be gone.

What bummed me out about the possibility of no overtime on Saturday was that I have already earmarked the money for some comic book t-shirts. I decided that as a reward for all the weight I've lost so far, I would treat myself to some comic shirts. I haven't owned one since the late 80s or early 90s. Mostly because I had gotten so big that I couldn't fit into one anymore. I know I can fit into a 2XL easily now and that's about as big as they come. I think I want a Shazam shirt and a Green Lantern. This will probably change before I actually get around to ordering them.

No comments: