7.23.2017

106 Trinity Vol. 1: Better Together


On paper this is the greatest concept in comics.  Put DC's three biggest, iconic characters together in one book.  What could go wrong?

This book is beautifully illustrated.  I can't say enough nice stuff about how beautiful it is.  But other than that, it left me a little cold.  In a nutshell, it's a rehashing/sequel to Alan Moore's brilliant Black Mercy story a hundred years ago.  This story does nothing to add to it, unfortunately.  It feels like it takes more than it gives.  Been there, done that.  It would have been better if the inclusion of Poison Ivy didn't happen.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around that.  It just does not work for me.

I'm hoping volume 2 gives us a better story.

Trinity Vol. 1: Better Together
Writer: Francis Manapul
Artist: Francis Manapul, Emanuela Lupacchino, Ray McCarthy, Matt Santorelli, Clay Mann, Seth Mann
DC Comics

No comments: