7.16.2017

091 Tarzan On The Planet Of The Apes


Let me state this for the record.  I fucking love Planet Of the Apes comics.  Love them so much.  This book is no exception.  It's the weirdest crossover I've read yet, but it works so fucking well.  I love seeing these two worlds crash together and become something new, yet familiar.  

This book sort of spins out of the third PotA movie.  The one where Cornelius and Zira time travel back to present day.  In it, Tarzan is raised by Cornelius and Zira as their own, side by side with their son.  It just works so well.  Add to that it also deals with alternate earths and time travel, yet doesn't take away from either Tarzan's history nor PotA's.  This book is really fantastic.  

The only thing I don't quite get is how Tarzan can be a youth in 1901 and an adult in 2016.  That's never properly explained and I'm just writing it off to an editorial oversight.

Tarzan On The Planet Of The Apes
Writer: David Walker, Tim Seeley
Artist: Fernando Dagnino
Boom! Studios/Dark Horse Comics

No comments: