7.23.2017

103 Moon Knight Vol. 2: Reincarnations


This book has many things going for it.  Jeff Lemire.  Moon Knight.  A stand alone book from the rest of the MCU.  Moon Knight's fucked up brain.  And as much as I'm enjoying the hell out of it, I think I've enjoyed the last few creative teams' work more.  Which surprises me, because I have yet to find anything Jeff Lemire cannot do.  Until now.  He can't top the previous runs on this book.  But by no means does this mean I'm not enjoying the book.  I really am.  It's just that I think the bar is now so high on Lemire's work that I expect even more out of him.  

Jeff Lemire writes such great psychological stuff.  He and Moon Knight are a great match, but I think maybe he's gotten too psychological.  Which doesn't seem possible considering the character.  

I've loved all the Moon Knight stuff Marvel has given us in the last few years.  It makes me think that I need to go back and read more of the old stuff.  This volume gives us an old issue of Moon Knight and it makes me realize it's extremely difficult stuff to read.  At least using today's comic book standards.  I struggled to read Moon Knight #2.  That's a sign that I don't need to look back, only forward.

Moon Knight Vol. 2: Reincarnations
Writer: Jeff Lemire, Doug Moench
Artist: Greg Smallwood, Jordie Bellaire, Wilfredo Torres, Michael Garland, Francesco Francavilla, James Stokoe, Bill Sienkiewicz, Frank Springer
Marvel Comics

No comments: