7.16.2017

093 Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye Vol 1: Going Underground


I wasn't going to pick this up, but my friend George said it was such a great read.  So I picked it up based on his opinion and I have to say I'm in love with this book already.  Jon Rivera and Gerard Way take an old school Silver Age DC character, who really has a mostly blank slate, and bring him to life.  If you didn't know he existed before, it wouldn't really matter, because they really grab him and run with it.

This book starts later in Cave Carson's life.  His wife just passed away.  He has a teenaged daughter in college.  He has a cybernetic eye.  He's kind of lost with the passing of his wife, unbeknownst to him that his life is about to take a turn back into adventure.  It's kind of neat that this book is all about the present, but starts filling in missing details about his life since he was last seen.

I've bee very impressed with both Young Animal books I've read so far.  I think Doom Patrol is still in my backlog of books to post about.  I liked Doom Patrol a lot, but I loved this.  Everything about it was great.  The writing, the art, the choice of characters.  I look forward to so much more from this, especially since it ended on a cliffhanger.

 Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye Vol 1: Going Underground
Writer: Jon Rivera, Gerard Way
Artist: Michael Avon Oeming
Young Animal/DC Comics

No comments: