7.22.2017

097 Batman - Detective Comics Vol. 2: The Victim Syndicate


I'm continuing my love affair with this book.  I know it's Detective Comics, but it should be called Batman Family.  It's the type of book I'm really loving.  Batwoman has been charged with training the various Batman Family members.  They've formed a makeshift team.  They're just a lot of fun to watch.

The story this time around is the BatFam battles a new group of villains.  People who were caught in the crossfire of Batman and his rogue's gallery and left broken and victimized.  These victims are now superpowered and out to make Batman pay.

One of the team, still haunted by Red Robin's "death", ends up turning on the team.  I really hope this is all part of a bigger story arc for them and not a stupid editorial decision because I've been enjoying them in this book.

I'm anxious to see where this book goes next because it's been a fun read.

Batman - Detective Comics Vol. 2: The Victim Syndicate
Writer: James Tynion IV, Marguerite Bennett
Artist: Alvaro Martinez, Eddy Barrows, Ben Oliver, Al Barrioneuvo, Carmen Carnero, Raul Fernandez, Eber Ferreira, Scott Hanna, Julio Ferreira, Szymon Kudranski
DC Comics

No comments: