7.16.2017

092 Doctor Who Tenth Doctor Vol 2: The Weeping Angels Of Mons


I've fallen behind of Doctor Who.  Not because I'm disinterested, but I ordered this book forever ago from my comics retailer and it never came.  Volumes since have come, but for some reason, they were never able to secure this particular volume.  So I stopped reading until I could pick up a copy.  While on vacation last month, the only volume they had in stock at Half Price Books was this very one.  So I grabbed it.  It didn't even make it all the way home before I read it.  

What you need to know.  Tenth Doctor.  New companion.  World War I.  Weeping Angels.  It's everything you could imagine it to be.  It's everything it should be.  Those Weeping Angels are scary as shit.  This story doesn't fail in getting that point across.  Great story.  

One of the things I sometimes have to stop and think about when reading a series like this is I know exactly how the script should sound.  At least with the Doctor.  It's a lot of fun to hear David Tennant's voice in my head as I read.  Because it forces you to not just read the words, but read the words in the way you'd expect him to deliver them.

Doctor Who Tenth Doctor Vol 2: The Weeping Angels Of Mons
Writer: Robbie Morrison
Artist: Daniel Indro, Eleonora Carlini
Titan Comics

No comments: