12.06.2008

Wasted Saturday

I'm happy the weekend is here and I'm happy it's been a lazy Saturday, but it's starting to feel like a wasted Saturday instead of a restful one. I'm not sure why. I know there are things I wanted to do that I did and things that I wanted to do that I didn't... I don't know. I guess I wish it was maybe 1 o'clock now and I had everything done that I actually got done today. Instead it's 5 and it's getting dark out. I feel like I want to go take a nap, but if I do, I know that's going to mess me up for the rest of the weekend.

One of the things I did today was place my next comic book order. I've been ordering online for a number of years now. A friend of mine uses a different company than I do and for shits and giggles, I went to his site to check it out. I'm really upset I didn't do this in the past. I did up my usual monthly order and then went to my site to do the same thing to compare prices. I found that the new place has my exact order for about three quarters of the price I was paying at my site. So I'm going to try this new place out for a little while and see how I like it. For what I normally pay at my old company, I got all my usual books, plus a couple of trade paperbacks and three new t-shirts. I'm very excited by this.

Something else I'm excited about is something I found at Target this afternoon. I always tend to look at the action figures when I'm there and I found a great new 6 pack of Justice League figures that I had to have. It had Crimson Fox, Deadman, Superman, Vibe (seriously... Vibe!!), Commander Steel and B'Wana Beast. For reals. These are going to work with me and I'll set them up around my desk with the others. I was really happy to find this. I didn't know this set was available.

Today's song is "I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm." It's by Julie London and it's a song I just adore.

"I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm" - Julie London

Oh, and for more Christmas music, Amazon.com is giving away a different Christmas song every day until Christmas. Click here to check it out.



No comments: