12.12.2008

Funtastic Friday

So you may have heard the Northeast got hit with an ice storm last night. It's true. I woke up this morning to everything covered in thick coating of ice. The roads, the sidewalks, the cars, the trees... everything. And this meant one thing to me... the office was going to be quiet today. I've never worked with so many people so afraid of the weather before as I do now. If there's even a hint of snow in the air, people are out for days. Seriously. But there is always one drawback to something like this. It's usually all the people I can't stand that make it a point to come in to work. Since I take the bus in to work, I don't have to worry about transportation and don't have as good an excuse to take the day off as those who do drive in. So I went in. And imagine my surprise when every single person that I was dreading having to see called in today. Every. Single. One. There was not one person at work today that I had issues with. None that I thought were freaks. None that I secretly wished would trip and fall out the window of our floor down to the sidewalk. I got so much work done today and I enjoyed every second of it. I would even go as far as saying that today was my single best and favorite day of work since I've been at my new job. I wish every day could be like today.

Today I've chosen a song from the great South Park Christmas Album. This song came on today while I was listening to music at work and it always cracks my shit up.

"Merry Fucking Christmas" - Mr. Garrison

I had other stuff to say, but it's way too late and my brain is starting to shut down, so I'll leave it at that.

No comments: