12.28.2008

I Love...

...my cats, dearly. Sure, there are plenty of times I'm ready to sell them to the Chinese restaurant (well, mostly Ollie), but I couldn't have picked out a better set of babies. They're incredibly sweet cats. They're both very social. They don't really get along too well with each other (again, mostly Ollie being an asshole to Lucy), but they can co-exist and that makes me happy.

...music charts and trivia and the like. I get uber-geeky about it. When I was a teenager and discovered American Top 40 with Casey Kasem, my geekdom over charts and stuff exploded. While most of the music on the radio sucks ass now, I still get all tingly inside just looking at the Billboard charts.

...that when I really put my mind to something, I can accomplish just about anything. If someone told me just over two years ago that I would have the motivation and the drive to lose 110 pounds on my own, I would have laughed in their face. If someone told me I had the willpower to stop drinking soda (going on 15 months now), I would have told them they were smoking crack.

...the social power of the internet. I've made many, many friends through it, many of whom will be/are lifelong friends. You know who you ams.

...eBay. I haven't really purchased much on it lately, but I absolutely love how I have been able to fill in holes in my comics collection cheaply using eBay. I'm down to just three or four DC 100 Page Super Spectaculars to finish off that collection, 99% of which I purchased through eBay. For cheap, because I'm a cheap ass bastard.

...Strangers With Candy and Arrested Development. Two of the greatest shows ever and two of my most favorite dvd sets. Once I get caught up on my Christmas swag, I need to watch both those series again.

...The Beautiful South. How they never managed to hit my radar until recently, I'll never know.

...The Onion Radio News. It's my favorite podcast. One funny as shit "news" story a day, every day. How they continue to come up with stuff this funny on a daily basis, I'll never know. It rarely, if ever, disappoints.

...my quiet time. I need a tremendous amount of time to myself. I don't get it as often as I'd like to, though. When I do, it really works to recharge my batteries. Last week was huge for me as Ken was out of town. I only wish I was able to take some time off of work, but I already had this coming week off and I felt weird about it.

...Ken. I don't know how that man puts up with my shit, but he does. But, in his defense, he says the same thing about me. We're very similar, but completely opposite and that's probably how we manage to work well together. He challenges me and I need that in a partner. He pushes me outside of my comfort zone, which, if you've read this blog before, you know is a very small, tight circle around me.

2 comments:

erik98122 said...

Glad to see you have found the wonderful world of Beautiful South. One of my all time favorites.

Walt said...

I really don't know how my path never crossed The Beautiful South's. Seriously. I'm slowly but surely tracking down their entire catalog as we speak.