12.17.2008

Catch Up

Sorry I've not posted in a few days. I've actually been trying to keep a lower profile. I've been on the moody side and I've discovered my skin is even thinner than I thought. When I feel like this, I do what comes naturally, and for me, that means I go and hide away from the world. I'm not quite sure why I'm writing here tonight, either. I don't know that I have much to say, other than that I'm alive. I'm still not feeling totally myself, but it might be another few days before that happens. I think the key to getting back on track is getting some sleep. I've had the worst time sleeping this week and lack of sleep blows everything I'm feeling out of proportion. Last night was the closest I had to a decent night's sleep. I got to bed a little later than I wanted to (I had trash tv to watch and then I really, really, really wanted to finish up a trade paperback I was reading..... so good). I slept straight through the night until Ollie decided it was time to attack Lucy. Naturally, my body is the battleground and the little shit got me up at 5am. It's better than the previous two nights when this happened three, four or five times over the course of the night. It's a little after 9 right now. I hope to be in bed and asleep by 10 tonight. The way I'm dragging right now, I'm positive I'll be out not too long after I hit the pillow.

Because I took a few days off from posting, I'm going to do three songs. They are by four of my all-time favorite artists. The first song up is by The Pogues with Kirsty MacColl. "Fairy Tale Of New York." I think I said it before, but I really love the downer Christmas songs. Something about them seem so right. Maybe because Christmas is force fed down our throats as being the happiest fucking time of the year.

The second song is "The Coventry Carol" by Alison Moyet. I didn't know this song before I heard Alison's version on the first A VERY SPECIAL CHRISTMAS album, but it quickly became one of my favorites. Alison could sing the ingredients on a can of soup and I'd be hooked.

The last is by Joan Osborne. I think I've gone on previously about her and why she isn't more famous than she currently is. She's amazing.

1 comment:

Breenlantern said...

you me, a room full of trades and a cooler full of beverages of choice...whttaya say? Hang in there buddy. You were my life line, so I owe you one...