11.23.2008

November Challenge - Day Twenty-Three

Yesterday sucked ass. I had a horrible day and almost didn't post anything here. I got out of bed at 11 last night and threw that YouTube clip up, just to have something up. The clip makes the episode of Doctor Who look not as cheesy as it really is, believe it or not. I don't know what possessed me to buy that particular episode. I guess I forgot how damn cheesy the special effects were, even for Doctor Who.

Anyway, I'm feeling much better today. I just got home from lunch with Ken. We went to Red Robin and I think I ate almost all of my daily calories with my blue cheese bacon cheeseburger and fries. And if that's not enough, Ken needed a coffee, so we stopped at Dunkin Donuts and I got a chocolate chip muffin. All told, that's about 2100 calories. I try to keep it at 2000. Guess I'm having water for dinner (and barfing a little bit for dessert!)

My weigh in today was pretty good. I was hoping for better, but I'm always hoping for better. I rocked that scale at 190, up a pound from last week. I'm already planning on being up a couple for next week, seeing how Thanksgiving is on Thursday. Remind me of that next Sunday when I'm suicidal that I'm up a couple.

A while ago, I decided I wanted to make a playlist in iTunes of every song I have that hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Billboard.com helped by printing a list of every #1 song a couple months back. At that point, "I Kissed A Girl" by Katy Perry became the 1,000th number one, hence the cause for celebration. The Hot 100 debuted in October of 1958. I actually started my playlist at the beginning of 1955, so I had the potential to break 1,000 songs on my playlist. It took a couple of hours of going through my iTunes library and the list of every song before I finished. I was shocked to learn that I actually have 623 (and counting) of these songs. I didn't think I'd have that many. Aren't you glad you asked?

1 comment:

Breenlantern said...

Ummmmm...co-gay blogger comic collector weight loser rule # 1: You must ALWAYS invite me and mine to go to Red Robin with you every time you go...always. Bad things will happen otherwise...I'm just saying...