11.06.2008

November Challenge - Day Six

I almost just blew it less than a week into the challenge I made myself. I just want to go to bed. I'm exhausted. This is how Thursdays are starting to be for me and I can't say that I like it. Thursday is the first day of my work week. What I've been trying to do is get myself into the habit of doing as much overtime on Thursdays as I can. Because I work a 37.5 hour work week, the first 2.5 hours of overtime I do every week is paid out in comp time. Anything over that is paid out in time and a half. I strive to at least get in my 2.5 extra hours every week. Time off is a luxury I wasn't often afforded when I worked retail, so I try to amass it now. Today, being Thursday, was no exception. I got up extra early and was at work almost two hours early and I stay an hour and a half late. I got my time in and now I can kick back the rest of the work week. But it's taking it's toll on my tonight. I'm ready to crash hard. I want to go in early tomorrow because I have a ton of stuff on my desk still, but I don't think there's any chance of that. I know I'm going to have a fit when the alarm goes off in the morning.

No comments: