11.08.2008

November Challenge - Day Eight

If you know me, really know me, you know a couple of things about me. You know that I'm a huge fan of music. I can't live without music. Music is one of the most important things in my life. You also know I can sometimes have a touch of the OCDs. Now, when you put the two together, what you end up with is Walt being a freak. Complete, total and utter freak. Let me explain. Last year when I got the new computer, I finally had a machine with more than enough room to store my music collection. So I spent a month or so uploading and transferring my collection to iTunes in the new computer. Of course, in doing this, every songs play count was reset to 0. So I decided to make it a project to try to listen to every single song at least once. This project has turned into an obsession. Right now, my iTunes music library stands at 39,898 songs. I have a playlist called "Unplayed Songs" and right now that stands at 10,723 songs. I don't often listen to anything but my unplayed playlists. I have many. Some by artist, some by genre, some by theme... I've let it consume me.

To give you some idea of how I'm progressing with getting this project accomplished, three months ago my library was 36,450 songs with 17,967 of them unplayed. So I have managed to upload about 3,400 more songs and still get the unplayed list down about 7,000 songs. Not bad, huh? It doesn't hurt that I have my iPod strapped to me 24/7, it seems. I give myself a project, set a goal and then let the OCD side of me take over. I think that's how I was so sucessful in dropping 110 pounds. (And speaking of which, tomorrow is weigh in day and I'm petrified of what is going to show up on the scale, based on what I saw on the scale this morning. We'll see...)

Tomorrow my goal is to listen to about 100 more songs throughout the course of the day. We'll see how close I come.

1 comment:

(F)redddy said...

I have NO idea how to begin to tell which songs I have on my computra are unlistened to or not. You're clearly more smarter than me.