4.18.2008

Spring Fever


Today is absolutely gorgeous out.  Amazingly beautiful.  It's going to be 80 degrees and sunny and just plain nice.  So why the hell am I at work?  Especially because it's Friday, too.  I'm one of a handful of idiots who chose not to take either the whole day off or a half day.  But I reasoned to myself that if I did take today off, I would probably be sitting at home in front of the computer.  At least I'm getting paid to do it here.  Yesterday was similar.  It hit 77 degrees.  Thursday is the day of the week that I like to get as much overtime in as I can.  It's the first day of our pay week.  I forced myself to stay for an hour and a half (and it was really hard) and then walked home.  I managed to walk home three times this week.  That's huge.  I only walked all the way home twice last year.  I'm enjoying that I can get outside and walk around again more than I thought I would.  

Yesterday in general was a hard day.  Wednesday night we recorded our first Dial "H" For Homo podcast.  I was so wound up after it that I couldn't fall asleep.  I was up until nearly 1am, unable to shut my brain off.  The cats decided to use me as their bed, so I kept waking up all night long.  Finally, Ollie decided that I should get up at 5:45.  I normally sleep until around 7.  Litte bastard.  So I spent most of the day in a haze.  But the weekend is here and I can try to recover.  Tomorrow is yardwork day.  It'll be the first time out there this year.  I don't think I'm looking forward to it, either.  Once I'm out there, I'll be fine, though.

Thirty more minutes and my day is done.  The day has flown by (the few people that were here kept piling tasks on my desk for me), but I have a feeling it's about to come to a screeching halt.  Ken's picking me up and we're going out to eat and then later tonight we're recording our second WMBYS group show.  Should be fun and I'm going to try to be less passive at this one than I was at the last one.  More assertive!!!!!!!  We'll see.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Hey Walt!!! Have a great weekend my friend!!!