12.22.2007

The Saturday Before Christmas

What a mostly great day. Slept in, didn't have much in the way of chores (just a little laundry), ran a couple of errands.... If I could have napped today, all would have been perfect. The only rough patch experienced was dinner. We were going to go to the Macaroni Grill, but they were closed because a water pipe burst. Oy. Instead we went to Red Robin. I haven't been there in a thousand years. It's not the type of place to go if you want to lose weight. Anyway, we must have been invisible. It took ten minutes to get the waitress to come over. Another ten to get beverages. And another FORTY minutes to get our dinner because she never put the order in. I could understand better if the place was crazy, but it wasn't.

After dinner, we went to the mall. It was almost ten o'clock at this point. I needed new gloves, so Ken bought me a pair for Christmas. He wanted to get me some boots, too, but I wasn't in the mood for shoe shopping. We also poked around Barnes & Noble. I found something I didn't even know existed. Patty Griffin has a new live cd/dvd out and it's only at Barnes & Noble. I was very happy to buy it. She's faboo.

I should get up early to walk tomorrow, but I don't think that's going to happen. Keep your fingers crossed that I can maintain my current weight for another week.

2 comments:

Nessa said...

*fingers crossed*

<3

Kevin Bee said...

Walt, you know you can loose it, so enjoy yourself and indulge a little. It's Christmas!
(My God I am evil, I am the little devil on your shoulder telling you to do it, DO IT!)