12.10.2007

Catching Up

This has been a very full couple of days. Between work and weekend guests, I haven't had time for anything, much less posting here. It's really cutting into my plan for one post a day minimum this month. Such is life.

Friday night we went out to dinner after work as usual. Ken started talking to Mary Jo, the owner of the restaurant, about doing a catering menu for her. She's got a really crappy one right now and Ken, being Ken, wasn't happy with it, so he wanted to give her a "real" one. So when we got home from dinner, we both did some housework and then he got right to work on it. His first draft looks amazing and Mary Jo loves it.

Saturday Gus & Steve arrived. Right around lunch time. It's been probably 9 months since we've seen each other. I think I was probably around 250 lbs when they were here last. They were quiet impressed with my new skinnier body. That made me feel pretty damn good. I tried to behave myself, food wise, with them here. When things aren't normal, it's easy to fall back into bad habits. I could have done better, but I'm pretty happy with myself. I'm just bummed that I didn't lose any weight last week. I didn't gain any either, so I should be really happy.

Anyway, it was great seeing them. We did a lot of hanging out, lots of eating, a little shopping and a lot of card playing. Steve & I teamed up against George and Ken and kicked their asses at spades.

As much fun as the weekend was, it was exhausting. The boys left this morning and it was back to work for me. I'm ready for a weekend now to unwind and veg out. That won't be this coming weekend because Ken's nephews are coming to visit. I'm actually thinking of working some overtime on Saturday because that will be more peaceful than being home. Sad, isn't it?

The only other thing worth mentioning is my back. The bad shoulder has really been killing me the last two days. And my arm is pretty sore, too. For no reason. I'm hoping it's just temporary because I don't really want to go to the doctor for this. I have an appointment at the beginning of February and I'd much prefer my back to behave until then. Two birds with one stone and all.

I need to get to bed early tonight. I'm still running on fumes and that's never any fun.

And finally, since this is my 252nd blog posting, I thought I'd post the first thing that jumps to my mind when I hear the number 252. It's Action Comics #252, the first appearance of Supergirl.

2 comments:

Fairy Princess Holly said...

Coincidentally, I wore my Supergirl t-shirt yesterday while making goodies...and it made me think of you. :)

Nessa said...

I think the holidays in general are hard to keep on the healthy train. Especially when you have pals sending you cookies ;x

You'll be fine I'm sure :)