12.20.2007

Christmas Posting

I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that Christmas is in a couple of days. You would think having a foot and a half of snow on the ground would help make it feel more Christmassy.

One of my all-time favorite Christmas songs is "Fairytale of New York" by the Pogues and Kirsty MacColl. Never thought to look to see if a video was ever made of it until tonight. And there is.



For no good reason, here's one of my favorite Schoolhouse Rock videos:



And why not? Isn't this what YouTube is all about?

3 comments:

Nessa said...

I was listening to the Pouges "Christmas in New York" the other day and Derek was home. When Kristy said faggot, Derek said "Did she just call him a bunch of sticks?" and I laughed really hard. Making him listen to Qcast has entertained me so.

You know Walt, I am not so gun ho on Christmas now. I really was, but with life in general happening, I am kind of like "eh?"

But that will probably change on Tuesday.

XO

Kevin Bee said...

We did a production of "Schoolhouse Rock Live!" I was very excited tha I got chosen to sing the "Rufus" song. Until Michael directed the number. We had these flipcards that were held in front of our bodies. Our heads were the heads of the characters and with each verse we had to release the top card and it would flip down revealing a new picture or word. I had to do this while hoping up and down and back and forth while singing. Needless to say, I lost some weight during that show.

Walt said...

*gay gasp* Mr. Bee, I'm so excited that you got to sing that on stage. Please tell me you didn't fall in that production, too.