12.23.2007

Hard Candy Christmas

No, not really. It's just that I've been listening to Dolly Parton this weekend. She's so incredible.

Today has been bizarre. I woke up at 6 this morning because I wanted to do my walk before the mall opened. (I'm such an old man.) I got out of the house and to the mall by 6:20 and walked for an hour. Some of the stores opened at 7 but there didn't seem to be a good reason. No one was out shopping yet.

I noticed on the drive home that I was having a reaction to my meds again. The niacin pill I take says to take at bedtime with a low-fat snack. I didn't have a snack last night and popped the pill when I got in bed. When I don't follow the directions, I break out from head to toe. I burn bright red... my arms, my legs, my chest, my face. It's not pretty. It lasts a couple hours and then goes away. So that was pleasant. But once I got home, I climbed right back in bed and slept until 11. By that time, the reaction was over.

My friend Carol called before I got up. She had managed to drive her car into the snow in her driveway and was trapped. You see, Carol only shovels just enough of her driveway to park. Her driveway could easily fit five cars in it. She had the brilliant idea to drive to the end of her driveway this morning to turn around. Well, when you drive into an area with probably 9 inches of snow while it's raining and above freezing, you're going to be in trouble. I think she was having a problem understanding this. Ken and I got her car out and that's all that counts. After that, Ken and Carol went Christmas shopping and I came home to veg out.

Today was weigh in day. I had really good results, but I really shouldn't have. I ate a little more shit than I should have this week. There was so much food floating around work. I planned on being a little bad, but I think I was just a little badder than I planned on. So what do I do to balance it out? I skipped a couple of meals this week. Not the most brilliant idea I've ever had and definitely nothing I'd recommend to anyone. That being said, I was 209 this morning. I'm now officially down 91 pounds. Nine more to go.

I want to get a new scale. Before my diet, we had a digital scale and I liked it. Except I found out the hard way I was too fat for it. I was weighing in at around 290 or so. When I went to the doctor that fateful day when I found out I was actually 300 pounds, I realized the scale wasn't working. I went out and bought a new digital scale, but I was too fat for it to work. So I went with an old fashioned analog scale. Now that I'm getting down in pounds, I think it's time to invest in another digital. Some weeks I have to kind of guess where the needle is on the scale. I always err to the heavier weight if I'm not sure what the actual reading is. This morning I wasn't quite sure if I was 208 or 209. I went with the 209. My fear is that when I get a new scale, it will show I'm not 209, but 215. I've fought long and hard to get to where I am.

1 comment:

Fairy Princess Holly said...

I have 2 digital scales. One is in .2lb increments and does the body fat analysis, and the other is in .5lb increments. I weigh on both of them daily. ODC? Yep! Oh well, sometimes a girl needs a second opinion! ;)