12.24.2007

Christmas Eve

This is so weird. It really doesn't feel anything like Christmas. Still. Yet it's here. I don't know what could be done to make it feel more like Christmas. I think the weather has a lot to do with it. It wasn't cold enough or something. I don't know.

It's been a long day. Started off with me bringing Ken in to work this morning. The plan was for me to drop him off and pick him up later. We'd go directly to my parents' house from there. Plans changed, though. He got out earlier than anticipated, so we came back home for a while before departure. I got a haircut this morning. I really needed one. I like how my hair looks again. Did some errands and some cleaning this morning, too.

And I ate too much. I had a Big Mac in the car on the way down to my mom's. I didn't need one, mind you, but I wanted one. It wasn't nearly as good as I remember it tasting. That's a good thing. A really good thing. Mom made the full turkey dinner and I overindulged in that, too. I'm allowed to do this every once in a while, but I really am feeling bad about doing it. And that, too, is a good thing. I don't ever want to fall back into my old eating habits, and the fact that I'm feeling some regret makes me happy.

Ken's mother is coming over tomorrow. I'm cooking a chicken for our meal. I plan on behaving myself.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a full Christmas recap.

Merry Christmas (or Merry Tuesday, depending) everyone!!

No comments: