12.31.2007

The Closing Of The Year

So, I almost ended the year on an awful note. I installed a new program for dvd burning. The program that came with the computer never worked and Roxio's support staff stopped helping me two weeks ago. Bastards. Anyway, I installed the new program today, rebooted and got the blue screen of death. Luckily Ken was able to help get the system back online and I'm up and running again. Hopefully I'm good again.

Since it's New Year's Eve, I think it's a rule that I have to reflect on the year that's passed. I'm still trying to figure out if it was a good year or a shitty year. I really worked on improving my life in 2007. I dropped another 60 lbs between the first and last of the year. That's a great thing. But my body started betraying me. I found out I have neuromas in both my feet. My right shoulder/back area has been giving me lots of problems the last few months. My cholesterol is slightly elevated. I try to get healthy by dropping the weight, but my body finds other ways to fall apart. It's just not fair.

I've met a whole lot of great new people this year. It all spun out of the QCastCT podcast. Michael and Mr. Bee have certainly built up quite the community over there. It was right around this time last year that I started listening to their show and through that met all these fun people that include Holly, Nessa, Venus, Michael in Stuttgart, Nicole... Too many to single them all out.

I also got a chance to reacquaint myself with some old friends. I saw my friend Lisa for the first time in 10 years this summer and then saw her again just after. Christine is another one I haven't seen in years and we got back in touch again. Hell, just about everyone at Lisa's birthday party... I keep meaning to get back in touch with Maria, someone I went to high school with. I last saw her maybe 3 years ago and I keep meaning to go see her and it never happens. I'm going to do it in 2008. Now that I have it written down, I'm committed to it, right?

I try not to set unrealistic goals for myself for the New Year. Last year my goal was an easy, attainable goal. I wanted to lose 30 pounds. I did it by June and ended up doubling it. I really wanted to lose 50, but I thought if I set the goal that high, I might get frustrated if I didn't quite hit it. For 2008, I want to get down to 199. That's 11 more pounds. I'd love to get there by my birthday, which is in May. That's possible, but I also know that these last 11 pounds are going to be the hardest 11 pounds. I also want to try to be less of a douche bag at home. I can be a pretty big douche bag and Ken doesn't deserve it. My final goal is to finish uploading my music to this computer. I moved my iTunes folder from the old computer to this one and now I'm in the process of going through all my cds and uploading the missing songs. I'm done with A through E and I'm half-way through F right now. My song count is 20,691 as of this writing.

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Just another southern gay guy said...

just curious "michael in stuttgart" . . . where is Stuttgart?

Walt said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuttgart

Stuttgart is in Germany.

Nessa said...

I love you walt XO Happy New Year!!