12.27.2007

Christmas Round Up

I would have done this last night, but I was too freakin' tired. Still. Christmas really took the wind out of my sails this year. More than usual. More than when I was in retail. Crazy, huh?

Christmas Eve started out pretty early. I drove Ken in to work first thing in the morning. The plan was I would pick him up and we'd go directly to my parents' house from there. He figured he'd be out around 2 or 2:30. So I dropped him off and headed straight for the mall. Not because I needed to do last minute shopping, but because that's where I get my hair cut. I figured it was early enough that I could get in and out without incident. And I did, for the most part. I had to wait 15 minutes because there was only one person on that early and she had a client already.

After the haircut it was off to the supermarket. Needed asparagus for Christmas Day. Then home to wrap presents, clean the house, do whatever Christmas Day preparations I needed to do. I thought I had until 2 o'clock to do everything. Until Ken called to say he was letting everyone go at noon. That changed things a bit. If I would have known this was going to happen, he would have driven himself in and I could have slept in.

Anyway, I picked him up and brought him home for a bit. We left for Mom's around 2, taking a pitstop at McDonald's. My first Big Mac in as long as I can remember. It wasn't as delicious as I remember them being. What a disappointment.

Spent an hour or so with Mom and Dad until my sister was done with work. Ken and I went out to pick her up, listening to her bitch and moan all the way home. I really thought I was bad, but I'm nothing compared to my sister. Damn. Mom made the full turkey dinner. I overdid it a little at dinner, but I'm allowed.

Gift exchange followed dinner. I actually got some pretty good stuff. (Probably because I told them to buy it off my amazon.com wish list or don't buy it at all!) Got the first JLA/JSA trade paperback, the Supergirl Showcase, the Sgt. Rock Showcase, the Marvel Family Archives, the first two seasons of Dynasty on dvd, Whatever Happened To Baby Jane on dvd. Then, things not on my wish list: 3 pairs of Converse All-Stars. Totally unexpected and a great surprise. A new shirt (Rule #1 to my family --- don't EVER buy me clothes unless I tell you EXACTLY what to get me. I got a nice new shirt. Size XL. I didn't know if it would fit. Most of my shirts now are 3XLT. I've lost weight and I know i need new clothes. I tried it on and surprisingly, it fit. I was very happy. Until laundry day. It shrunk and don't fit right anymore. I still need a Tall. So note to family --- always obey rule #1.)

We spent a couple more hours there before heading home. I don't know what it was about being at my mom's house, but it sucked every bit of energy I had out of me. This is bad because I still had to entertain on Christmas Day.

Ken's Mom came over on Tuesday afternoon. I thing she wanted to take us out to eat, but nothing was open. I cooked a chicken, rice and asparagus for dinner. It all came out perfect. Vicki hasn't been over in quite a while, so we got all caught up. Spent a few hours visiting, playing Scrabble and eating. She always gets the perfect gifts for us, too. She does all her shopping at her local bank.

I crashed hard on Tuesday night. I climbed into bed at 8:30, was asleep by 9:30 and up with the alarm on Wednesday. It was one of those mornings where the alarm hurt exponentially more than usual. I dragged my ass all day Wednesday. It's Thursday now and I'm still feeling it. One more day of work and then I can crash again. I only have plans for Saturday night and that's all I'm committing to. I'm going to be unavailable the rest of the weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got the clear Converse All-stars for Christmas... i think they're pretty cool. Do you have those, Walt?

Walt said...

Clear ones? Whatchutalkin'bout, Willis?

Fairy Princess Holly said...

I love when they shop at the bank! It's my favorite!

Nessa said...

I wish someone would shop at the bank for me :)