1.27.2008

Sunday Evening

I'm exhausted. I managed to spend another complete weekend glued to the computer. I really didn't want to do it, but my obsessive/compulsive side won't let me away from it until all my cds are uploaded to iTunes. I think I have a little over 3000 cds in there so far. I've finished going through the artist section and started the compilations today. After that, I have the soundtracks and then the stack of stuff sitting in the basement. I'm hoping to be done in about a week. After that, I can take a breather before getting on with creating playlists, editing the tracks, searching out duplicates that don't show up easily and making sure album art is available for each cd.

I went out walking this morning at the crack of dawn. I intended on napping at some point today, but it didn't happen. Luckily there isn't anything on tv tonight, so maybe I can get some sleep.

The weigh in was pretty much what I expected. If you remember, I dropped 5 pounds last week. That's not usual for the stage I'm at. But I had that number in my head and I indulged more than usual this week. I fell back on an old habit, which was alarming. We went out to eat on Wednesday, and even though I wasn't hungry, I ate a big, full meal. Every last bit of it. The meal itself wouldn't have been so bad if I asked for no starch. I didn't feel like a baked potato, so I ordered fries, hoping they would suck. But they didn't. They don't really go with salmon, but I don't care. Deep fried things in my world go with EVERYTHING. But I digress. I weighed 204 pounds this week. That's plus 2 from last week, and still amazingly close to my goal. I'm going to behave this week because I want to reach my goal and then that's another thing I can let up on. My obsessive/compulsive nature can't deal with two major projects at the same time. It's either the diet or the music, dammit. Not both. It's killing me.

I still haven't listened to the first episode of the new podcast. I'm putting it on my iPod and will listen to it tomorrow at work. Holly & Nessa both assure me that we're good. They wouldn't lie, because that would go against our mean nature.

I'm trying to find time to watch the dvds I have that are starting to pile up. I took myself away from the computer last night to watch two more episodes of the first season of Dynasty. I'm half way through it now. I'm so glad the show got re-tooled after the first season. It wouldn't have lasted if they didn't. I forgot how much I hated Matthew Blaisdell. I also watched the first episode of Torchwood season 2 today. I've got the second one to watch yet, and I thought I would get to it today, but no such luck. When I sign off here tonight, I'm going to watch Trading Spaces. I taped it last night because Paige is back. When they fired her and reformatted the show, they made it unwatchable. I don't know if it's something that I can get back into, but I'm willing to give it a look. I used to be so obsessed with the show.

No comments: