1.08.2008

One Hundred

I did it! Today is the 100th consecutive day that I've been soda free. I really only did it to see if I could jump start some weight loss for a month. Well, one month turned into two, and two was more than half way to one hundred, so I said "what the fuck!" I can't believe I did it. I've had a bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper in my desk at work since September and a couple times today I took it out and gave it kisses. What I'm most happy about is not having some soda tomorrow, it's knowing I accomplished my goal and the pressure is off. If I want a soda tomorrow, I'll have it. If not, I won't. I'm going to try and go longer as a show of support for Venus and Nicole, who have both vowed to give up the soda in 2008. And as far as I know, one of them hasn't faltered yet. (Yes, Nicole, you know what I'm talking about!)

Last Saturday, Ken and I took a road trip to Ikea. I fucking love that place and I'm sad there isn't one that's closer. The closest one to us is in Paramus, NJ. It's about a 2 hour trip, give or take. I had a mission this time. Well, two missions. The first was to bring back a stack of catalogs for the office. Ikea was all out of them. Not a single one to be had. They were wiped out at Christmas. Next trip I'll get them. The main mission was to get me a new computer desk. The one I had was nice, but not very ergonomically correct. And considering the arm and back pain I've been experiencing, it was time to get something new. I've looked at desks around her and haven't liked any of them. Ken was browsing through the Ikea catalog a month or so ago and showed me a couple in there. He found the one I was looking for. It's the Mikael. Very simple design and very spacious. I got the matching cabinet since it had no drawers. I'm a very happy boy.

1 comment:

Nessa said...

congrats! I am on day 3 with no soda. Just water. woohoo!

I love the desk, very cool!