1.24.2017

010 Supergirl: Bizarrogirl


Another volume of the great Supergirl series.  This book gives us three stories.  The first one is about Bizarrogirl, the second features a modern retelling of Supergirl joining the Legion of Super-Heroes (and does a great job of picking the best parts of the original version of this tale) and the third features the Toyman.  For some reason I had stopped reading this book monthly by the time this came out originally.  I can't remember why I dropped the book, but reading this makes me sad that I did.  Still fun, still really interesting, still very well done.  I wish DC could put Sterling Gates and Jamal Igle back on the book to see what they can give us with the current version of the character (though, to be honest, I haven't seen what Steve Orlando has done yet.  Trade waiting his first arc.)

Supergirl: Bizarrogirl
Writer: Sterling Gates
Artist: Jamal Igle, Jon Sibal
Bernard Chang, Matt Camp, Marco Rudy, John Dell, Marc Deering, Richard Friend, Robin Riggs
DC Comics

No comments: