1.24.2017

007 Starfire Vol 02: A Matter of Time


The good news.  It's another light-hearted, fun book.  Nothing too serious, lots of fun and adventure.  The bad news.  Although it's Starfire, it's the New 52 Starfire who is just NOT Starfire.  If this book just changed the name of the character, I would be 100% behind it.  But it stars this phony character.  Sure, I can suspend my disbelief enough to enjoy it and all, so the book isn't all bad.  Also, I have almost no working knowledge of the New 52 Starfire before this book.  I didn't read that awful looking Red Hood book, so I don't know how much this version differs from that version.  I do appreciate the costume redesign.  Still very revealing, but somehow this version seems way more modest than the last version.

I appreciate DC trying something different.  

Starfire Vol 02: A Matter of Time
Writer: Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti
Artist: Emanuela Lupacchino, Elsa Charretier, Mirco Pierfederici, Ray McCarthy, Sean Parsons
DC Comics

No comments: