1.09.2017

004 Spider-Woman Vol 02: Shifting Gears - Civil War II


Much like Pasty Walker aka Hellcat from a couple posts ago, this is another book Marvel has given a lighter touch to.  I will admit that I was skeptical about this whole Batgirling of Spider-Woman.  She didn't seem the type of character that this would work with.  To me, at least.  I was against the costume redesign.  I was really against the having a baby thing.  But I still like the character, so I tried it.  And you know what?  I was mostly wrong about everything.  While I'm still not sure I like the baby part of her history now, it is growing on me.  And the book's tone is perfect.  The costume fits the mood of the book and I like where this is going.  Also, this trade crosses over into the widespread Civil War II crossover, but it only really touches the fringes of it, sort of like the Hellcat trade did.  I'm loving watching the relationship between Spider-Woman and Captain Marvel grow and change because of what's going on in the Marvel U.  Read this book. It's good.

Spider-Woman Vol 02: Shifting Gears - Civil War II
Writer: Dennis Hopeless
Artist: Javier Rodriguez, Veronica Fish
Marvel Comics

No comments: