2.27.2011

Lazy Sunday

It's been a mostly lazy Sunday and I think I really needed it.  I haven't done much of anything today.  I did get up bright and early to hit the gym and spent only about fifteen minutes shoveling the driveway (third day in a row... enough already!), but that was my entire list of chores for the day.  Most of the rest of the morning and early afternoon was spent web surfing and listening to music.  I also foresee a nap in my near future.  I love days like this.  So much.

I've been listening to Heaven 17 and OMD this morning.  I've been listening to both those bands a lot lately.  But not just those two.  Human League, Ultravox, Spandau Ballet, Naked Eyes, Kajagoogoo.....  All sorts of mid-80s, new romantic bands.  All the stuff I loved in high school.  I don't know why it's all come raging back so hard lately, but I have to say I'm enjoying the hell out of it all.  There's a certain, I don't know... warmness to the cold synths.

I really don't have anything to say.  :-)

No comments: