1.21.2011

Ah Ha!

In my last blog post, I mentioned how sore my leg and part of my lower back were.  I thought maybe I overdid at the gym and that's why I was hurting.  Well, that's not the case.  I figured it out this morning, first thing.  Last night we had another snow storm and before leaving the house this morning, I had to dig myself out.  That's when it hit me.  The soreness and muscle ache is from shoveling.  The other night after work, Ken and I shoveled the ice out of the driveway that had accumulated during the last storm a couple days ago.  The ice was heavy.  I noticed today that when I go to throw a heavy shovel full of snow or ice, I put all my weight on my left leg when I toss it.  When I did it today, I immediately felt the burn.  There, and in my lower back on that side.  I have a feeling this is going to be something I'm going to be dealing with all winter long.  We have another storm coming Tuesday or Wednesday I'm told.  That should give me just enough time to feel better before I pull something again.

Even though I'm sore, I still pushed myself to go to the gym tonight.  I'm so close to hitting the January goal I have of going 100 miles.  After tonight's workout, I'm at 97.87 miles.  Just over 2 miles to go!  And the rest of this month will give me a jump start on February's goal.  Yay me!  I felt really, really good after the gym tonight.  I hope that I don't wake up tomorrow to find that the workout plus the shoveling has left me unable to move.  Wish me luck.

No comments: