11.14.2009

A To Z (1)

Here's a challenge to myself. Write a little bit about 26 things, each starting with a different letter of the alphabet. Let's see if I can do it.

A - Austin I continually try and plot out a return trip to that city. I wish I didn't have bills that required my money, dammit.

B - Burritos Today we went to Bombers Burrito Bar for lunch. I had a ginormous Jerk Pulled Pork burrito and sweet potato fries. Although the burrito was delicious, I had to send it back because the bitch was stone cold. I kind of got a little passive aggressive 'tude from the waitress who told me that it should be kind of cold because it has lettuce and tomatoes. Yeah, but the meat shouldn't feel like it's been sitting on a counter for an hour, either.

C - Craig's List Now that I've gone through my comics collection, pulling out stuff I don't want anymore, I need to put an ad up on Craig's List to get rid of them. I estimate there are about 3000 or so books. I hope someone wants them. Keep your fingers crossed.

D - Donny & Marie They have a new album out. And I'm not too ashamed to admit that I kind of like it.

E - Electronic Time Cards Work just introduced electronic time cards. Until last pay period, we would sign in and out on our paper time sheet. Now we do it online. Most of the office is up in arms. They can't lie about when they come and go now without being caught, though FrankenKlinger is actively working on getting around that. It's amazing that we are in our third week of these time cards and the same scumbags and scammers are still bitching and moaning all about them. Shouldn't they just show up on time, shut up, sit down and do some work? Well, they were never expected to in the past, so why start now, right?

F - Flyers Or is it Fliers? I'm talking about the ads in the Sunday paper. I've seen a bunch of the Black Friday ads already and I have to say that they seem to get more pathetic every year. I think we hit the limit of great Black Friday deals a few years ago. But I saw Old Navy is going to have all their jeans on sale that Friday, so I might venture out late in the day and pick up some new pants. I am a boy of simple tastes, after all. I still don't have quite enough in my current size, which I seem to be holding pretty steady at.

G - Girl Scout Thin Mints I've had a box of Thin Mints sitting here on my desk since probably March. I think I've proven that I have will power, which is great, but I'm sure that the cookies probably haven't lasted. I'm kind of curious to see if they're still good. They are sealed, after all.

H - Hard This little experiment is harder than I thought. Really. Everything I keep thinking of either starts with an "S" or a "D".

I - Ice Cream I have a great excuse to buy ice cream this week. The wisdom teeth are coming out on Wednesday and I'm not going to be able to eat much other than Jell-O, pudding and ice cream at first. I love when I can justify terrible eating habits.

J - The sticker on my burrito today!

K - Kris Allen His new album comes out on Tuesday. Does anyone still remember him?

L - Lounging That's what my plan for today was. It's almost 8 o'clock and I still haven't gotten around to that yet. I did my chores this morning, ran some errands this afternoon, went out to lunch with Ken and then started working on my comic collection until just a short while ago. Once I'm done with this, I'll go lounge. I promise.

M - Monday This coming Monday is my favorite Monday of the month. Why is that, you ask? Well, it's because DC unveils it's monthly solicitations. I love seeing what's coming out. The books are solicited three months in advance, so it will be a while before I actually get them, but it still excites me to read about what's coming.
N - Nine I have nine letters left to do. I'm not doing them in order. I think it would take me twice as long that way.

O - Ollie He's not a shy cat. At all. And sometimes I just wish he had a little shyness in him. This morning would have been a great time for him to practice. Saturday is the only morning of the week I get to sleep in. But it disrupts Ollie's schedule, so starting usually around six a.m. he tries to wake me up. This morning was extra special because he was pawing on my face and I discovered that he's got two razor sharp claws that need immediate clipping. He did just about everything he could think of to get me out of bed. Lucy, on the other hand, was minding her own business until about five minutes before I got out of bed.

P - Party Tomorrow morning we're going down to my Mom's place for my Dad's birthday party. And I think "party" is taking great creative license with the word. I'm sure it's going to be me and Ken, my mom and dad and my sister. I don't call that a party, I call that dinner.

Q - Qat This is a word I learned playing Scrabble. That and Qi. Two Q words that don't have a "U" in them.

R - Rufus Wainwright I just read today that he wrote a new song for Shirley Bassey's new album. I don't know why, but that really amuses the hell out of me.

S - Short Boxes Sean stopped by this morning. I sold him a bunch of comics and he came over to pick them up. He also brought me all the short comic boxes he had that he didn't need any longer. He brought 20 of them in total, which was enough to transfer over half of my collection. I'm transitioning out of the long box and into the short box. I'll pick up a few every week or so until I can finish up the collection.
T - Television Season I'm all caught up on tv for the moment. And I'm getting happy that the shows that I watch are getting ready to wind up for the season. Most of what I watch is bad reality competition tv. I'm sure most of the ending shows will be replaced with more bad tv for me to watch, so I shouldn't get too excited. But I am.

U - Umbrella I could have used one today. The remnants of the hurricane (is it Ida?) hit us today and it poured most of the afternoon. It seems to be over now, though. (Yeah, I'm struggling to finish this survey off now, can you tell?)

V - V Not only is it a letter, but it's the Roman numeral for 5. And 5 is how many more letters I have left to finish. This is really cutting into my lounging time.

W - Weight Watchers I'm not quite a whole week into doing the program, but so far it's been interesting. It's harder than I thought it was going to be. The days when I don't go out to eat, I seem to not be able to eat enough points. When we go out, I have trouble staying within my points. The salad I had a Panera the other day was about twice the number of points I thought it was going to be. The burrito and fries I had today surely put me way over my points. I'm not sure how many points were in that monster burrito, but I'm sure it's not going to make me smile. All I know is I'm 99% sure I've totally blown my weigh in tomorrow.

X - Xanadu As in Madame Xanadu. I just finished reading the first trade paperback of the series and I have to say I was very impressed. I avoided the series like the plague because it didn't look the slightest bit interesting to me. Then someone whose opinion I hold highly said it was really good, so I investigated. And I'm glad I did. The first chapter of the trade is kind of what I was thinking the whole series was about, but I was wrong. It's bargain priced... I think it's only $12.99 and it collects the first 10 issues. Amazon has it for $10.39. Check it out.

Y - Yellow My Sinestro Corps shirt came in the mail yesterday. I'm a happy boy. There are two different versions of the shirt. One is the symbol in yellow on a black shirt and the other is the symbol in black on a yellow shirt. I got the yellow shirt version. I'm working my way through the entire Lantern color spectrum. I've got half of them now.

Z - Zamaron That's the planet where the Star Sapphires come from. I only mention them because with my comics this week, I got my Star Sapphire ring, my Sinestro Corps ring and my Orange Lantern ring. I'm a geek.

2 comments:

wcs said...

V is also a really bad tv series about lizards from outer space who come to feast on humans.

And the star, Mark Singer, who always seemed to be walking sideways.

Walt said...

You know, as bad as it was, I LOVED V. I couldn't get enough. But I just can't bring myself to watch the new version. I have a feeling it's going to be bad, but in a different way.