11.09.2009

Cranky Pants

I've got my cranky pants on right now. I don't know why I grabbed them out of the closet this morning, but I did. Just been that kind of a day. I think I didn't get enough sleep last night. That's usually the major cause to days like today. The cats have both been using me as their kitty bed a lot lately. Last night was no exception. What they've really gotten into is not moving no matter what I do. They're amazing at being dead weight. Little fuckers. So I blame them for my lack of enough sleep. Tonight I'm planning on hitting bed pretty early.

The lack of sleep led to a nasty headache that stayed with me most of the day. Luckily I have stuff in my desk to take in just such a case. Although the headache never completely left, it did ease up on me.

My patience for people, especially those I don't care for at work, was pretty non-existent today. I tried to stay as far away from them as I could, but just knowing they were nearby got on my nerves.

I know my weight fluctuates on a daily basis, but I wasn't prepared for the almost five pound weight gain this morning. It would be one thing if I was expecting it, but I was floored when I saw the number. I behaved myself with food this weekend. Sunday morning I did an hour long power walk. The weather was so nice all day that I did another that afternoon. I'm not worried about it, but still scratching my head about it. I have no idea what to expect tomorrow. I walked home from work tonight (probably for the last time... I think the great weather is done now), but I chowed down on peanut butter cups all morning. We'll see.

In non-cranky news, I'm almost done cataloging those comics. I've got six done with four and a half to go. The more I've been thinking about this purge, the more I'm sure I didn't purge enough stuff. If I wasn't dreading the thought so much, I'd go through the collection again and pull out some more stuff. It will happen, but not right away.

Ken was off of work today and he's got this new thing to give him a push not to sleep all day when he's off. He wants me to wake him up so he can drive me in to work. That gets him up and then he can hopefully motivate. Today he got me to work by 6:30 and then spent a good portion of the afternoon priming the walls of our living room. He ran out of steam or he'd have primed the foyer, too.

We went to meet a builder this weekend in our continuing quest to find the right person to build our next house (if we can afford to go that way.) This guy is a small independent builder. We saw his house and then he brought us to a house that is about a week away from being completed. He seems to do some pretty decent work. I've probably stated this before (many times, I'm sure), but I just want this whole process to be done with, our current house sold and the new house bought and all moved into. I know it's stressing me out and I'm trying to keep it under control, but sometimes I just want to go curl up in a ball and hide.

It occurred to me that I worked my last five day week for the year two weeks ago. Until some time in January, I have short work weeks. This week there's a holiday. Next week I'm having oral surgery. The following week is Thanksgiving. Then the cruise. Then Christmas. Then New Year's. January is going to be sad when the five day work weeks return. I'm going to try to savor it while it lasts.

My current obsession is the Gowalla app for the iPhone. I like to know where my friends are and what they're doing. I like to see what other people in the area are doing and where they're going. I know my fascination with the app will eventually end, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

My current annoyance is with the iMapMyRide app. It uses GPS to map out your walk, your run, your ride, whatever. Almost every single time I use it, though, I lose the GPS signal for a good portion of my walk. Tonight when I walked home from work, I got about 1/2 mile from home when the signal pooped out on me. Grrrrr... I love looking at the map I create when I use the app, but when there's incomplete data, it makes me sad. Yeah, I know, I have such troubles. LOL.

Okay, I'm gonna crash now. Off come the cranky pants and on go the soft pants. Ahhhhh..

No comments: