5.29.2007

Throb

I've got a throbbing headache. It came on near the end of my work day today. It's been getting worse as the evening has gone on. I hate having a headache. All I really want to do is go to bed, but it's only 8 o'clock. And I've got laundry running. Bah. I'm nothing if I can't find something to complain about.

I've been doing pretty well on my diet. Well, that's a lie. Not that I haven't been doing well, but I wouldn't really call it a diet. I eat what I want, but I actually think about what I'm eating before I eat it. I'm trying to eat better. Is that really a diet? Anyway, as I've mentioned before, I hit my current low weight on Sunday. I've bounced back up two pounds since then, but that doesn't count because it's not Sunday. Tomorrow at work is going to be a problem. We're having a big promotion party for four of the people on my floor. All four start their new positions on Thursday, so tomorrow we're eating. And let me tell you, my floor knows how to eat. We have these quarterly events called Pig Outs. It's exactly what it sounds like. You either make something and bring it in or you pay $7 and you eat for two solid days. Believe me when I tell you we have some fantastic cooks on our floor. Tomorrow is going to be very similar to the Pig Outs, only it's not called that. I usually don't participate because I know I can fall into temptation without much encouragement. I'm eating tomorrow. I'm entitled to be a little piggie now and again. Granted I was one on Sunday, but still. I'll behave myself as much as I can. Rosie is making carrot cake and my mouth is watering just thinking about it. She's the top of the tops when it comes to cooking.

No comments: