1.23.2012

Waiting

I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, or whatever that saying is. I can say for the first time in a really long time that I've had a really great couple of days. Nothing monumental has been happening, but the last couple of days have been very good and very positive. I'm sure getting the best night of sleep I've had in months didn't hurt on little bit. Saturday morning I didn't wake up until just before 11am. It really pays to lock the cats out of the bedroom every once in a while.

Saturday Ken and I got together with our friends Lynn & Lori. We went out to eat and then to see Aimee Mann. It's either the fifth or sixth time I've seen her and by far the best of those 5 or 6 shows. She was uber-chatty and I love when there's audience interaction. The first or second time I saw her, she spoke once in between songs and that was it. It was kind of disappointing.

Sunday I spent the day cleaning, straightening and organizing my office. I know I just did that last week, but I spent more time and I felt so accomplished when I was done.

And today I didn't rage at the people I work with at all. That was proof to me that my mood was improving. I'm hoping I've finally turned the corner on the sorrow I've been immersed in over the last four or five months. Things with my Dad seem to be going well and a lot of the worries I've been having are slowly lifting away.

Positivitey!

No comments: