7.07.2008

Oops. Forgot To Give This One A Title

I'm sad to see the long weekend go. This is the best long weekend I've had in a long time. Every time I try to schedule one, they usually end up being more annoying than being at work. I don't know why this happens, but it does. Thankfully this one was wonderful. Could it have been better? Sure, but I'd be hard pressed to figure out a way for that to be.

I had my doctor's appointment this morning. He just confirmed what I already knew. My sciatic nerve is acting up. He prescribed a pill for me to take for the next week. It should dull the pain and it's also an anti-inflammatory. I hope I see some results with it, but I'm afraid I won't. He wanted to prescribe Naproxin for me, but that has little to no effect. This, I guess, is the next step up. We'll see how that goes. He also suggested physical therapy, but after going to the physical therapist he sent me to for my back, I'd be better off never seeing a physical therapist again for the rest of my life. I hope this pill helps me out.

Also, when I weighed in at the doctor's office, I was 197. It's the first time I've weighed in there below 200 pounds. I was pretty happy to see 197, especially since I was back down to 192 on the home scale. The only difference between the two weigh ins was the home weigh in was naked, the doctor weigh in was fully dressed. When I got home, I immediately hit the scale, still fully dressed, and got the same 197. So at least I know the two scales are accurate.

I've had it with CVS pharmacy. The doctor faxed my prescription over there first thing this morning. A couple of hours later I went over to pick it up. Naturally, they didn't have it ready. This happens every single time I go in to get a prescription, without fail. Doesn't matter if I wait one hour or seven. Today I go in and they don't see the prescription. After searching around for a while, they found it. I was told to have a seat, it should take about 15 minutes. A half hour later, one of the women working there asks me if I've been helped. She must have noticed I've been sitting there for a long time. I tell her why I'm waiting and then she goes searching for my prescription. Well, apparently it was filled about 20 minutes prior to this and left to sit there. The whole fucking pharmacy staff, all three of them, knew I was sitting there waiting. Anyway, she rang me out and I wanted to ask about the prescription. She moved me over to the "Consultation" window and then left, saying someone else would come over shortly. WTF? I was really annoyed now. So I go home and hopped online and lodged a complaint with the corporate website. I know talking to the store manager would probably suffice, but shit like this happens EVERY TIME I go to get a prescription. I know that when you go through the website, someone is going to get yelled at and that's about all that is going to make me feel better.

And while I was at it, I bought a bag of Marie Callender's croutons last week and they were stale. So I wrote to them, as well. Don't fuck with me and my croutons, dammit.

Another reason I'm glad I was off today was the sheer volume of new podcasts that were waiting for me in iTunes this morning. At work, I would never have been able to get through them all. I had over five hours worth. Because people come up to me all day (or I go to them... to gossip, naturally), I would have made it through most of them, but not all. So I was hooked up to the iPod most all of today, polished them off and even had time for a bunch of music. Yay me.

Finally, Lucy (my girl cat) is pissing me off. She's not particularly fond of her food and she's decided to pull a hunger strike. She'll sniff the food, but really has no interest in eating it. Luckily Ollie's food is never left out so she can get to it. I don't know how much longer this hunger strike is going to go on for, but it's really getting old quickly. She pulls something like this every so often, so I know it doesn't last for too long, but in the midst of it, it gets old quick, not to mention that I start worrying after a couple of days. But I guess she's eating just enough of it. But still.

No comments: