10.02.2007

Running Around

I'm off from work today. I had a doctor and dentist appointment scheduled for today. The doctor visit was a follow up on my cholesterol. I was really hoping to hear good news. After all, I was down another 4 pounds from my last visit to him a couple weeks ago. My blood pressure has never been better. He told me my HDL (the good cholesterol), while still lower than it needs to be, jumped up 10 points. I'm so damn close to where it needs to be. So close. My LDL (the bad cholesterol) went up, too. He didn't say by how much, but enough to bring my total cholesterol level to 210. It should be 200 at the highest. He prescribed some type of niacin pill for me. He doesn't want to go full out cholesterol medication yet since I'm still right on the borderline. I go back in 4 months to have it checked again. Otherwise, I'm as healthy as healthy can be it seems.

I had my teeth cleaned today, too. And what do I get with a teeth cleaning? Attitude about not having my bottom wisdom teeth removed yet. I get the 'tude every visit. The bottom ones grew in sideways. To get them out is going to require having them cut out of my mouth and that's why I'm dragging my heels. I don't want to do it until I have to do it. Otherwise, my mouth is very happy and I have no cavities. I'm thrilled about that.

In between appointments I ran a bunch of errands. I had a deposit to make at the bank. I had to go to the post office to send back a pair of my sneakers to Skechers. I bought them two months ago and they're falling apart already. I went to the mall to look at new shoes. I went to Circuit City for blank cds. I went to the drug store to get my prescription filled. After the dentist I went grocery shopping and now I'm home doing laundry. And while typing this, I realized that I forgot to go to the other bank to pay the mortgage. I'm getting ready to go out for a walk anyway. I'll do it then. I still need to empty the dishwasher (I ran it just before I left the house this morning), straighten up the downstairs and I really, really, really should clean the bathroom, but I just don't like doing it. And I have to pay bills. What I really need is a nap.

And the new Annie Lennox is out today! Hooray!!!!

No comments: