10.21.2007

Sunday

Happy Apple Day. In honor of this joyous occasion, I bought some Gala apples at the supermarket today. Well, only because the Golden Delicious ones didn't look all the golden, nor delicious today.

I've been really, really lax with this blog thingie this week. I've been pretty preoccupied, I guess. At work, there was a special overtime initiative and I jumped at it. I got to work 2 hours early on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, and I stayed late on Wednesday and Thursday. Just the extra work really took the wind out of me. I didn't think I would feel so wiped, but it caught up with me big time. I had the chance to work both days this weekend, but I declined.

One reason was Game Night. We get together with friends a couple times a year for games and stuff. One of the couples, Tanya and Andy, are three weeks away from the birth of their second child, so we wanted to get one more get-together in before that happened. Lynn & Lori usually host the party and they're excellent hostesses. They kind of get stuck with it because their house is centrally located. It's about an hour away from us and I'm guessing just under an hour for Tanya and Andy. I had such a great time last night. And I ate way, way, way too much.

The after effect of the party was a three pound gain this week. I'm at 223 again. I'm not too upset by this. I know this was a direct result of game night. I weighed myself on Saturday morning and I was still 220. I should be able to undo the damage I did pretty quickly.

My feet have been sore. I don't know if it is the neuromas acting up or what. It's really starting to piss me off. I really enjoy my walking and this starting to have an effect on how often I go out. I have an appointment with the podiatrist in a couple of months. If I can hold out that long, that is. I need to set up the shots for dealing with the neuromas. Not looking forward to the treatment, but I am looking forward to the results.

No comments: