5.16.2011

Miscellany

√ I hate small talk.  With a passion.

√ As much as I hate small talk, I love brownies.  That's how much I hate small talk.

√ I have a picture of Georgia Engel on the wall next to my computer.

√ I think the check mark next to this post is nifty.

√ I'm going to clean up my Facebook friends list this week.  I have a lot of people who I don't interact with there.  Some I've never really interacted with on Facebook, some have shunned me but not enough to delete my ass, some have drifted away.  I'm going to enjoy the purge.  It's been a while.

√ I've been in need of a mental health day for a couple of weeks.  I was going to take last Friday off for a couple reasons.  One, it was supposed to be beautiful out.  Two, I love long weekends.  Three, last week felt like the longest week ever.  I ended up not taking the day off.  Ken was out of work all week and being home together is not what I have in mind for my day.  Instead I'm taking Wednesday off.  I plan on lounging around the house, maybe going to the gym, taking myself out to lunch and then maybe a nap.  Wish me luck.

√ The Red Tornado trade paperback wasn't very good.  It had a decent enough premise, but the execution sucked ass.

√ I haven't seen a recent picture, but I've always thought Margot Timmons was one of the most beautiful women in the world.

√ Ollie woke me up ten minutes before the alarm was supposed to go off this morning.  I tend to find that much more infuriating than if he woke me up an hour beforehand.  At least then I could have gone back to bed.

√  I do a great job at making little plans to do things, but I do a shitty job in actually getting around to doing them.  My time management skills are lacking.  The second I hit the computer, I might as well kiss any plans I have goodbye.  I need to work on that.

√ I haven't watched this week's episode of Doctor Who yet, but three episodes in and I'm not quite sure I'm in love with this season.

√ I've been putting pictures of my t-shirt collection up on Facebook and I'm having a ball doing it.  Today I posted a picture of my Batwoman shirt.  

√ I found that I'm doing fewer and fewer social media things and I like it.  I've got the aforementioned Facebook (which I still adore), I post on Instagram, I have my last.fm profile and I just set up a Grindr profile.  I dumped Twitter a year ago and haven't missed it a bit.  It was too much and I was pretty fucking sick of logging in only to read the drama of the day.  

√ I'm still not sure how I feel about the new Kate Bush album.  I like it, but I don't love it.  And will I still feel the same way in a few months after I've listened to it a lot more?

√ I just bought some new banana shampoo at the Body Shop and I'm in love with it.  I love how it smells.  

√ Do you play Words With Friends?  If you do, look me up.  I'm pusspatrell over there.  Start a game, but tell me who you are.  I think I have about 15 games going right now.  I love it.

√ I've got a bunch of plans I want to make for the rest of the spring and this summer.  I need to get cracking if I want to get anything done.  Ken's already got our winter plans booked.

√ My mind has just gone blank.  It's a good time to end this.


No comments: