5.26.2011

Bike

Tonight, to keep boredom from setting in, I traded the elliptical for the stationary bike at the gym.  I still can't get over how much it kills my legs.  There is apparently one set of muscles I don't really use much of that you need if you want to succeed at the bike.  That part of my legs is so sore right now.  I know that the more I do the bike, the easier it's going to get, but right now the bike is not my friend.  Sure, we're on speaking terms, but we are not friends.  Tonight was the second time I made it my full 70 minutes and I did about a mile and a half further than the last time.  And I sweat.  And sweat.  For some reason, the bike really makes me sweat a lot.  I'm burning slightly fewer calories than when I'm on the elliptical, but I get so much sweatier.  It seems to me that it would be the other way around.  I feel like I'm moving a whole lot more on the elliptical.  On the bike I'm sitting there, pedaling and playing Scrabble on my phone.  Go figure.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I think it's because you're using that set of muscles you don't normally use -- that generates heat, and you get rid of it by sweating.