10.31.2010

Another Week Passes

It's been a busy week and an even busier weekend.  Ken's sister and her son have been here since Thursday evening.  His step-mother was here Friday and Saturday.  It's been exhausting.  The sister and nephew are heading out early tomorrow morning and my house will quiet down again for a few days before the next round of house guests.  Needless to say, I'm pretty fried right now.  I'm putting off doing my Wii workout.  Today is the last workout of my 30 Day Challenge.  I know tonight's workout will be the toughest of them all, too.  Another reason I'm dragging my heels.

Unrelated to all of this, I baked something fan-fucking-tastic this weekend.  My friend Sandy gave me the recipe for Avocado Poundcake.  Now I know what you're thinking.  That it sounds gross.  Well, my friend, you are wrong.  It turned out incredibly delicious.  At first I was nervous.  So nervous that I wasn't going to do my favorite thing when I bake.  That is to lick the bowl of the remnants of the batter.  But I did and the batter was so sweet and delicious that I was tempted to take a little bit more out of the loaf dishes, but luckily they were already in the oven and baking.  I ate a little more than my fair share of the cake this weekend.  I'm sure it will show on the scale tomorrow (as well as the extra helping I had of the white chicken lasagne I made tonight.)  I have all week to work it off, though.  No worries.

Okay, time to workout, then off to bed to watch the Amazing Race.  Gonna save The Walking Dead for tomorrow night.

Happy Halloween all!

No comments: