10.03.2010

Sad

I'm a little sad that it's Sunday night.  I hate that the weekend is ending and it's back to real life in the morning.  And for me, that starts at around 5:30 tomorrow morning.  Ugh.

Today wasn't nearly as productive as I'd hoped it would be.  No, that's not right.  It was pretty productive, it just didn't go the way I hoped it would.  I wanted a little more slouching around time, but I had things to do.  I was in no mood to go walking today, but I knew I had to.  I blew it off yesterday after about 1/2 mile, so I knew it was the right thing to do.  I was hoping to push myself for 5 miles, but somehow found it in myself to push on for nearly 11.  I really should have pushed that last 1/4 mile, but I was ready to quit.  I did my weekly grocery shop (and spent way more than I anticipated, too.) and spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen.  I was able to do the prep work for dinner pretty early, also got my lunches made up for tomorrow and Tuesday and I baked brownies.  Tonight I tried empanadas again, this time much more successfully than last week.  I made them using chicken instead of beef and they were delicious.  I also made myself a ginormous brownie sundae and I'm regretting it a lot right now.  That's how good it was.

I was hoping to get a couple of little projects in my office done this weekend, but I ended up starting one and blowing the rest off.  The one thing I did was fix my Barbara Gordon/Oracle action figure.  One of the wheels on her wheelchair broke off in the old house and I crazy glued it back on.  During the move, it broke off again and I haven't had a chance to fix it, until this weekend.  Now that she's displayable again, I need to organize the rest of my toys.  I also have a couple more pictures to frame that I've been putting off.  And I need another IKEA run to pick up one or two more things I want to complete what I want to complete.

I'm excited that I've got a four day work week this week.  I didn't realize that next Monday was a holiday when I requested it off, so that's back to back four day work weeks.  I'm very happy about that.

No comments: