This was the perfect kind of weekend for me in so many ways.  It was one of the few "normal" weekends we've had since we've been in this house (which is 5 1/2 months for those keeping score.)  No plans whatsoever.  I feel really good about what I got done around the house, but still wish I got a little more done.

Saturday started with me sleeping in until 11:30.  I know I've been dragging my ass on the ground lately, but I didn't ever dream I'd sleep for 12 1/2 hours.  I was really groggy and out of it when I got up and that was hard to shake.  This is how tired I was.  We had a new chair delivered on Saturday morning to replace one that Ken wasn't loving in the family room.  That chair we tried and tried and tried to get up the stairs on Friday night, but couldn't figure it out.  When the delivery guys came, Ken asked if they could move it and they did.  Right up the stairs and into the bedroom and I didn't even stir.

Saturday I got back into the swing of the gym.  My feet still hurt a little from the running, but they're feeling a whole lot better.  Good enough that I got back on the treadmill.  That hour on the treadmill was enough to shake the groggy from me.  

I had a couple of errands to run, so Ken and I went out and grabbed lunch but he decided he wasn't feeling well and asked if I'd bring him home before going back out.  I think he wasn't looking forward to going to the comic shop.  :-)  I had a specific mission when I went.  I wasn't buying the different Lantern Corps action figures and I wanted to correct that mistake.  I was hoping to find a Red Lantern and an Orange Lantern.  The shop was out, but I did pick up a Blue Lantern.  And a few figures out of the clearance bin that weren't in there the last time I was at the store.

Saturday night and Sunday were all about cleaning, straightening and organizing.  I spent a lot of time in my office hanging pictures and shelves, cleaning surfaces and all that jazz.  I wish I had one more day off because I think I'd be able to get everything exactly where I want it.  Sure, I had all the time in the world this weekend, but I ended up wasting a lot of my cleaning time playing online.  Like usual.

I didn't realize it until this afternoon, but when I was at the gym today, I crossed another walking milestone.  I've now hit 600 miles for the year.  Just barely.  I'm about 1/5 of a mile over it.  I'm well on track for hitting 700 miles, if not 800 by the end of the year.  Next year I'm hoping to hit 1000.

Ken's mother is coming to stay the night tomorrow.  She's flying out to somewhere on Tuesday morning and we live much, much, much closer to the airport than she does.  That's going to interfere with my plans to go to the gym tomorrow.  I never in a million years thought I would ever say that.

Next week Ken's sister and nephew are coming for a visit.  His nephew is going to be home from Afghanistan.  The two of them are coming and Pete wants Ken to take him to NYC for the day.  I'm bowing out of that (mis)adventure.

I'm not really looking too forward to this week at work.  No reason in particular, just not feeling it.

And I've been listening to Bob Schneider all day today.  Don't know why, but I am and I'm digging it.

No comments: