3.22.2009

Weekend Recap

My plan for the weekend was to be a bump on a log, maybe read some comics, watch some tv and not much else. I have to say that this weekend was as close to perfect as you could get. I got just about everything accomplished that I hoped to.

Saturday was pretty damn good. I managed to sleep in. I know I plan to sleep in every Saturday morning, but it never happens. This week it did. I stayed up til a little after midnight Friday night, caught up on everything in the dvr and then crashed. Until 11 Saturday morning. I knew my body was tired, but this tired? I'm still pretty amazed at it. I mean, sleeping in for me nowadays means sleeping all the way to 8:30. Even Ollie decided to let me sleep. He's got this annoying habit of tapping my face if he feels I've slept too late. When I woke up, he was curled up next to me like a good little boy.

We had a couple of errands to run Saturday afternoon and although they didn't go without incident, we got them done relatively painlessly. One of the errands was to apply for the new passport cards. They're the size of a driver's licence and work the same way as the passport. Ken decided we needed them for the cruise in December so we wouldn't have to worry about losing our passports when we got off the ship. We went into the post office all prepared with the forms filled out. That's when we hit a snag. The woman at the post office said that the form I had filled out was not the correct form, even though it was the ONLY option at the Department of State's website. She insisted that the other form was the one you had to fill out for the card. Ken started losing his shit right then and there. He argued that he was right and she was wrong, so she asked the guy she was working with (this total douchebag whom I've never liked....) and he agreed with her. Ken still tried arguing that this is the only form for this and she kept saying no. Finally, she agreed to call the next closest post office. The person there told her she was correct, too. But while she was on the phone, the third worker came back from break, overheard the conversation and told her that Ken was right. She'd called the Department of State a couple of times for clarification and was told what the proper forms were. So finally we got the stuff processed. We spent over an hour in the post office, but the applications are mailed off for my card and for Ken's card and passport renewal.

Next up was lunch. There's a restaurant in town we used to like but stopped going to because they changed the menu (not for the better) and we lost interest. It's just been sold and a new place is in it's place, so we thought we'd try it out. Not bad. It's basically the same place with new owners and a new menu. Almost the entire staff is the old staff, so that's pretty cool. I liked it (didn't love it), but I'll definitely try it out again.

I managed to finish my stack of reading this weekend and made a dent in my backlog shelf of trade paperbacks. I have more reading piled up there than I know what to do with and it's bothering me that I can't seem to make the time to get to it. I allow myself to get sucked up into the computer and then my day disappears. Right now, my current obsession is tweaking my iTunes. I know this has been an ongoing thing, but my latest thing is going through the awesome book Ken got me (Joel Whitburn's Top Pop Singles 1955-2006) and entering the peak chart position each song in my library hit. So far, I've tagged 4,104 songs. Alphabetically, I've done A through some of S. I got to Frank Sinatra and had to stop because he's had waaay too many singles. I probably spent a good three or four hours this weekend just doing that. Yes, I know I have problems! But once this is done, I'm going to be able to make some pretty kick ass playlists.

Oh, I keep meaning to add this, but keep forgetting. Hi Archerr!

I'm glad I got my ass out of bed early this morning to go walking. I was going to blow it off because I just didn't think I had the energy, but I pushed through. It helped me come through with a decent weigh in this week. I'm back at 190 and I really had to work at it to get there this week. Behaving sucks ass, but I see another week of trying to stay on my best behavior. Wish me luck.

No comments: