3.16.2009

Trouble

I'm having trouble making time. It seems like time is whizzing by me and I'm not getting anything done. Last night I had things I wanted to write about (that have since left my head), but ran out of time. It's getting close to happening again. Not good. Not good at all.

My weight is up some from last week. This is no surprise to me at all. Last week, particularly the second half of the week, I found that I was making poor food choices. Like, tragically poor food choices. I know what I should and shouldn't be eating, yet I chose to ignore my better judgment. This week I'm trying to refocus and get back on track, but it's been hard. I ate a little too much snacky stuff tonight when I got home and I can already feel myself getting pissed at myself. But there's nothing I can do but refocus tomorrow and hope for a better day.

I love that the weather has taken some baby steps towards spring. Yesterday morning I got up at the crack of dawn to go walk for an hour at the mall. When I got home, I headed right back to bed. When I got up, Ken decided it was a good day to start some post-winter yard clean up. And I was rather surprised at how nice it was outside. It was only mid 50's, but the sun was shining and the temps felt really nice. Nice enough that I took my first outdoors walk of the year. Today the weather was similar, but cloudier. I was going to walk home from work, but the thought of catching a ride from a co-worker won that battle. I need it to be just a little nicer out before I start walking home from work. Now that I got my first taste of the nicer weather, though, I'm really itching for full-blown spring.

Apparently the mouse we had on Friday night didn't escape. The cats were onto it all day Saturday and kept stalking it. Poor Ollie was obsessed. I don't think he slept a wink Friday night or Saturday night either. Sunday, even. It seems either the cats have finally lost interest or the mouse is gone because they've both given up the hunt. It's been years since we had a mouse in the house. Poor, fangless Puss Patrell had no problem catching the last one. These two cats could learn a thing or two from my sweet angel baby.

1 comment:

Kimichi Tsuzuku said...

I would suggest getting a humane or no-kill trap instead of hoping the cats finally nail it. Its probably just hiding in the walls.

We've had mice occasionally. They inevitably steal dog food and squirrel it away in a boot or tupperware (my brothers always lost them under the couch).

And the weather is wonderful. I can't wait for the Garden Show and Tulip Festival.