9.19.2017

129 Red Hood And The Outlaws Vol 2: Who Is Artemis?


I'm sure I've said this before.  Scott Lobdell is far from my favorite writer.  I enjoyed him back in the 90s, but his recent output has left me really cold.  Except this series.  The first volume was highly recommended to me, so I read it and I actually liked it a lot.  The same with the second volume.  Though I liked the first one better, this one is nothing to sneeze about.  Scott has a cast of characters that doesn't seem like would work together, but it surprisingly does.

This volume is mostly about Artemis' back story.  I wish they held off just a little longer telling it until they get Wonder Woman's current back story all straightened out because Artemis' story hinges somewhat on Wonder Woman's.  But they didn't wait.

I hate that we have to get a new back story for Artemis.  She was a character I didn't much care for when she first appeared, but I grew to love over time.  We're starting at square one with her again.  I hope they don't fuck this up.

Red Hood And The Outlaws Vol 2: Who Is Artemis?
Writer: Scott Lobdell
Artist: Dexter Soy, Mirko Colak, Tom Derenick, Kenneth Rocafort
DC Comics

No comments: